Novel Coronavirus - COVID-19
(As of October 04, 2020)
In addition to all mandated social distancing and sanitation protocols, River Park South Chiropractic is now masking up in compliance with the public health order and as required by the Manitoba Chiropractors Association. All providers, staff, and patients must wear a mask during any brief encounters or interactions during treatment. Treatment length of time is limited to 12 minutes in the office. New patients may asked to complete paperwork from their car or to conduct the consultation and history portion of the first visit with a TeleHealth visit to reduce the time of in-person interaction.
Thank you for understanding. Stay safe and be well.
(As of April 01, 2020)
River Park South Chiropractic Center is registered with and authorized by the Manitoba Chiropractors Association Emergency Service in response to the inclusion of chiropractic care on the Manitoba Government's critical services list.
All patients are asked to phone ahead to speak with a provider before attending for their visit. Patients are still being screened to ensure that there has been no recent out of province travel, and no symptoms attributable to COVID19. Further to the Public Health Order for Critical Care (April 01 through April 14, 2020), criteria for urgent or emergent care must be observed. All patients will be asked to complete a declaration related to their presentation prior to each visit. If you are in doubt as to whether you fit the criteria, give us a call at (204) 253-6995.
Our office currently has limited hours. Dr. John Toth is on site:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:30 am to - 5:30 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Saturday: 10 am to noon.
These hours are subject to change as new information comes to light.
(As of March 13, 2020)
At River Park South Chiropractic Center, all guidelines and requirements as mandated by the Manitoba Chiropractors Association have been observed. Since the outbreak, and the announcement of the Public Health Emergency, our patients will notice a few new changes in our procedures. These include:
- Patients will be asked a few questions if we haven't seen them in a while. "Have you been travelling?" "Are you feeling any cold or flu symptoms?" These pre-screening questions are intended to ensure that our services are being provided to patients with a low risk profile of exposure to the community. Anyone who has travelled abroad or who presents with symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 will be asked to phone Health Links and to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Only essential services can be provided at this time. While we do have our doors open, we may not be able to see everyone who wishes to be seen. Please be understanding as we have to attend to our community on a priority basis in accordance with the current guidelines.
- Patients may be greeted with a squirt! Please do not be offended when we offer you hand sanitizer upon your arrival and wipe down everything you touch after you touch it. Please be understanding if it takes a few moments to place you in the treatment room. Patients will only be placed in rooms that have been sanitized to ensure no cross contamination. Our sanitization chemicals are industrial strength with the active ingredients being Hydrogen Peroxide, alcohol, and/or bleach.
- Don't stand so close to me! We are practicing social distancing - chairs are missing and repositioned in all areas to keep patients the required distance apart. We are also being very mindful when booking appointments to avoid bookings when other patients have been booked.
- This situation is evolving and we will adapt as we can. If you have any questions, please phone (204) 253-6995 and we will be happy to help you find anser.
Message from Manitoba Chiropractors Association about novel coronavirus (COVID-19) (Published March 16, 2020)
We at the Manitoba Chiropractors Association understand that health providers and patients alike may be feeling anxious about novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Across Canada, all health organizations and government health officials are coordinating with up to date information to ensure that people receive the right support and direction to proceed as this situation evolves.
Manitoba Chiropractors will play a vital role in helping to flatten the curve by following the public health advice and guidance. The Manitoba Chiropractors Association has been regularly informing the MCA Membership about new information available through Manitoba Shared Health and has been providing frequent directives related to the practice of chiropractic.
Presently, Manitoba Chiropractors have received specific instructions regarding who they may treat (essential services), how they may provide care (to ensure social distancing) and required sanitation procedures. There has also been instruction regarding closures of clinics and self isolation when appropriate. At all times, we act in the best interest of patients and people who use health services. Our first concern is the care of patients seeking chiropractic care. We encourage our providers to use their professional judgment to assess risk in the delivery of safe care informed by relevant guidance and the values and principles set out in our professional standards.
The Manitoba Chiropractors Association may issue further specific guidance and direction to our members as new information comes to light through the communications provided by Manitoba Shared Health.
As a member of the public, the Manitoba Chiropractors Association asks you to be mindful of any instructions provided to you by your chiropractor or staff during these challenging times. We ask for your patience and understanding in the event that your chiropractor has closed the door for a period of time. In the case of an office closure, please check online or leave a message with the office if you require urgent care.
Thank you for your understanding and be well.